It’s that time of the year again. Less than three months until the third installment of AWE Conference. Many of you have been supporting my venture over the last two years, and I’m grateful for that. Again, I’m preparing for the third conference in Jogja, Indonesia with lots of wonderful people I met over the years.
For the first time in three years, we opened a crowdfunding campaign to raise the fund we need with the help of great people at StartSomeGood.com. AWE has been challenging but one of the most rewarding projects I’ve created. But the challenge has been quite real – financially. In the crowdfunding page, you can see what AWE is all about, what we are trying to do, and why it’s worth supporting. We have many people over the past years had a life changing experience through the conference. The connection in the community is very real. It’s wonderful to have such a supporting community of people, truly.
For less than 20 days we need to raise $3,000US to host a successful conference. That will directly goes to the operating cost of the conference, including fees for staff and speakers. We have many rewards of different degree.
There are several ways to support this crowdfunding.
1) If you are planning to attend the conference (and I hope you are!), please purchase your ticket ASAP. You can purchase the ticket through crowdfunding ($70US).
2) If you can’t physically attend but want to support the cause, please back us up at our crowdfunding. You’ll be there in spirit as our honorary members or conference benefactors!
3) Share, share, share!
AWE Conference is an annual event that connects unique, creative, goal- driven female leaders living in Asia. This year’s conference will be in Jogja, Indonesia. As this year’s theme is “Empowerment in Action”, we will talk about diverse ways to make changes in life.
We seek to support these women to:
– Develop confidence in their own skills.
– Grow their professional and personal networks
– Inspire them to fulfill their dreams and potential
– Ask questions and create change
– Travel the world
AWE women are:
– From many professions and sectors: Writers, financial advisers, aid professionals, lawyers, yoga masters, and artists and more
– Educated to an undergraduate level, or have professional qualifications
– Creative thinkers with global mindsets
– Active internet and social media users
– Interested in travel and exploring new horizons
– Sometimes limited by their wallet, but not by their imagination